Monday, July 5, 2010

The Ant Bike

It was around 1998 when I had heard through a few people that there was a guy in my town with a "really, really old Harley braddah" in his backyard. Most of the time it was bullshit, I been through all the stories of piles of old chopper parts and Elvis' mythical K-Model already, but you never know so I always had to go look.

I've scored a straightleg frame out of a barn in Kaneohe before (sitting next to a unrestored Korean Police Model FLH) and a few other things here and there, so it was always neat to go look. Vintage H-D parts were pretty reasonable back then.
This one was funny. There was a colony of ants living out of this shovelhead! I bought it for a quick turn & burn. It was pretty entertaining; the guy really thought he had a historic gem of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment