Sunday, April 24, 2011

RESTAURANG GABRIEL - GOTHENBURG, SWEDEN

Submitted Rille of Sinners Sweden:

A week ago I was in Gothenburg, about 4 hours drive from where I live and I decided to show up at Restaurang Gabriel where my old friend Jonas have been the chef for many years. He is not on any pics but is really the guy that makes everything but the oysters. We have known each other since we were teens and used to go fishing back then. He's the guy that makes everything but the oysters.

This is what he gave me for lunch - haddock with pickle mashed potatoes. Served with some wonderful mini tomatoes, vegetables, shrimp and mussels. Melted butter was poured on fresh horseraddish. The best fish I ever had.
One of the owners, Johan, was the winner of the Oyster World Championship last year. See the link "ostron" (oysters in Swedish) on their website.



Later the same day Panhead Totte served me some fantastic smoked salmon.

Gothenburg is the seafood capital of Sweden.

No comments:

Post a Comment