Thursday, June 2, 2011

PEPE TIME #46

I have a friend named Pepe.
He's pretty funny and I like to keep a log of all the funny things he says and does.
Enjoy.

MANAPUA

Manapua is a Hawaii favorite that was introduced to the islands by Chinese immigrants. Its a steamed bun usually filled with char siu. These days you can also find it with shredded kalua pork among other meat fillings. You can find this almost anywhere in Hawaii but here in Southern California you just gotta know where to look.

Pepe gets a little excited when he finds manapua. Since he never had it for most of his life, he got excited enough to call me at work while he was ordering manapua and while trying his best Hawaiian Pigdin-English accent to prove it.

Since I was pretty busy, I decided to hang up on Pepe about 2 or 3 seconds into the phone call. I mean, hey, I had other things to do besides listening to him order manapua.

Pepe became furious and stopped talking to me for about 4 or 5 days because of my abrupt end to his phone call! So I decided to text him MANAPUA every day but it fell on deaf ears - he never replied.




3 comments:

  1. Hope you feel bad about that!
    Can't cut off Pepe in such a glorious moment dude!

    Hilarious, really really great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I feel bad even still!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four days of no talking!!!! Come on! Pepe should not tolerate such an insult. He must challenge you to a duel and demand bloody satisfaction.
    Usually I do the old slap in the face with a white glove and yell something along the lines of "You pig, I challenge you to a DUEL!

    ReplyDelete