Wednesday, November 2, 2011

BIG ISLAND HAWAIIAN BBQ - LONG BEACH, CA

Near the traffic circle in Long Beach, on the Lakewood side of things, is Big Island Hawaiian BBQ. It's not a L&L in disguise which is always a good start.

I been here several times over the last several years. I remember when it first opened, the menu was a little different and they even had pork adobo... not anymore though. Maybe new owners? or maybe not everybody over here knows what adobo is, who knows, but it's a decent spot to get a quick-style plate lunch if you're ever in the area.

The service is friendly. I always get drawn into the photo of spam, eggs and rice no matter what. It drags me into this vortex of fried spam, regardless of the time of day or what I had been craving before I walked in.

The plate are fixed up nicer now. Check'um out. Nator aka Dustinator had the Spicy Huli Huli Chicken plate. Came with the usual Mac Daddy and rice. The steamed veggies are a nice touch.

I couldn't decide if I wanted chicken or beef so I got the BBQ mix plate. BBQ chicken, one short rib and teri beef. Solid amount of food... believe it or not, I couldn't finish it!

Check this place out when your fix because as far as Long Beach goes, this place got the best Hawaiian style plate lunch.


4508 E Los Coyotes Diagonal
Long Beach, CA 90815
(562)961-7300

No comments:

Post a Comment