Thursday, January 5, 2012

3 BROTHERS - HARBOR CITY, CA


I had heard about this place from several people who grew up in the Torrance/Gardena area. I was told it was a Hawaiian style plate lunch place, but its not so... its more like "island style food". The Filipino ladies that run this place seem to have just a couple of Hawaii's favorites here... but I dare not try the fried noodles or tempura.
What I did come here for was their grilled chicken.




I had eaten here once before but I had the teriyaki beef plate. I usually don't go to those generic "California Teriyaki" places that scattered throughout The Southland but I heard this place's chicken was better than the norm... also heard that you gotta order it with the sauce on the side, which I did.

The grilled chicken without the sauce had enough flavor to carry itself, so I barely even used a 1/4 of the sauce that was provided. It was a good lunch though. Grilled chicken over rice and the other half was tossed greens (been trying to avoid The Mac Daddy aka Mac Salad these days). And next time, I gotta ask to get the salad dressing on the side too!

I wouldn't say that this place is a total destination spot, but its decent if you're in the south bay area.


23722 Western Ave
Harbor City, CA 90710
(310) 326-3843

No comments:

Post a Comment