Monday, January 23, 2012

OCEAN SEAFOOD RESTAURANT - LOS ANGELES, CA

Kung Hei Fat Choy! Like most people we work on Mondays, so yesterday we went to Chinatown to have dim sum at Ocean Seafood Restaurant to celebrate Chinese New Year a day early. We go to this place about once a year, its almost a tradition now.

This place is always crowded, especially after 12noon. When we showed up, the line was pretty mild compared to the usual chaos in this parking lot.

It's not the absolute BEST dim sum we've ever had but its good, no doubt. I didn't get a photo of everything we ordered but here's a few. We started with the shrimp and walnuts before we even sat down:
Fried chicken cart showed up just seconds later:
These flat noodles had shrimp wrapped in them:
Shrimp dumplings:
Beef dumplings:
One of my favorites, sticky rice.
This one came with pork and mushrooms. Add shoyu for perfection:
Baby bok choy:
And those soup dumplings that people trip out on ever since Anthony Bourdain had them on his show. These were good but I've had better. I still would've ate all 5 of these myself without thinking twice though:
I got more eating to do on dim sum. I've eaten at several spots around L.A's Chinatown but I have a feeling I've haven't hit its best spots quite yet.
 
 
750 N Hill St
Los Angeles, CA 90012
(213) 687-3088

No comments:

Post a Comment