Tuesday, July 24, 2012

DEAN'S PIZZA - LONG BEACH

THAI CURRY PIZZA - WHAT? 
THAI CURRY PIZZA - WHAT? 
THAI CURRY PIZZA - WHAT?
Yup. Thai Curry Pizza.   
You gotta like Thai Curry (if you don't, it means we probably don't hang out much). And if you combine it with pizza like these guys, you've got yourself a pretty decent, tasty pizza. 
Read about these guys on yelp, just came across them accidentally while looking for a Thai food. People kept using the word "AMAAAAZING" in the reviews, but you gotta read between the lines. Most folks think Jack In The Box is AMAAAAZING. 
I ordered it up on the phone and told the guy I wanted their Thai Curry Pizza like they recommended it, which meant chicken, onions, bell peppers, basil (and I tasted a little garlic). It was pretty good, I wasn't all like "fuuuuuuuuuuck, duuuuuuuuuude" I would say easily 7 out of 10. Something trippy to show up with on a fight night at a friend's house. Oh, I can't forget to mention that the sauce is NOT your typical tomato sauce. It is, I believe, a panang curry sauce... which makes it a 'Thai Curry Pizza'.

Some reviewers were saying that you could get it with different toppings like tofu. I'll try that next time.

Personally, I think they need to work on their crust but check it out though. It's worth a shot.
929 Redondo Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90804
(562) 987-3295

2 comments:

  1. As you said, wtf, sounds good though, Thai are my fave curries of all, red, yellow, green, rainbow, whatever, let me at it !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ate it tonight after training. Had the tofu version. The tofu is a little dry, but overall we like it.

    ReplyDelete