Thursday, September 27, 2012

HULA MOON TRUCK - COSTA MESA

Had some business to take care of in Costa Mesa, so immediately had to check yelp.com for Hawaiian food in that area.

Easily figured out who the sad L&L copies were, which are even worse than L&L... until I came across this truck, which happened to be among several other trucks at the OC Fairgrounds.

I locked onto the Garlic Fried Chicken Plate. It came recommended by the guy taking orders too, so I tried it.

Freshly fried, burn-your-tongue hot, which I appreciate. Not a very strong garlic flavor at all; more like "island style chicken" but still a solid plate lunch.

The Mac Daddy was like whatevz but I would sample this truck again. Wish they had greens instead of Mac Daddy though. Only had cole slaw as an option but that's a hard sale for me, brah!

No comments:

Post a Comment