Thursday, October 11, 2012

MAGIC WOK - ARTESIA, CA

If you're a fan of Anthony Bourdain, you most likely have seen this episode:
He was eating Sisig in the Philippines and of course it looked super fucking good. I personally have only discovered Sisig about 4 years ago in Southern California, never heard of it or seen it at any Filipino restaurants in Hawaii. Been trying it out at every Filipino place I've gone too. I heard about The Magic Wok (not to be confused with the Chinese fast food chain 'Magic Wok') in Artesia. I happen to be driving by there the other day so I went to investigate.
As I stood in line to order, even the couple in front of me was asking for two orders of their Pork Sisig which of course was a very good sign.
So far, the best Pork Sisig I ever had. In case you don't know, basically it's Crispy-Skinned Roast Pork with Red and Green Peppers, Garlic, Onions and Lime or Lemon Juice. All chopped up and served hot. Dump this over rice and you're in paradise. You'll know its made fresh when the pork skin is still extra crispy. Check this place out! EAT HERE!

11869 Artesia Blvd
Artesia, CA 90701
(562) 865-7340 

1 comment: