Tuesday, March 19, 2013

SIEM REAP - LONG BEACH

So many signs for tacos, burritos, burgers, sandwiches, pho, Thai food, all over Long Beach. But nothing stops me in my tracks like a sign that says OXTAIL.

Just driving along Anaheim St. in the LB, I spotted Siem Reap and their signage for Oxtail Noodle Soup. CantStayJose and I had to investigate. I might've put a flat spot on my tires from braking so hard after seeing oxtail. 
I like Oxtail. I like Noodle. I like Soup. Check. I get weird when it comes to oxtail. I really, really have a problem with it. I fucking love it.
Inside was decent. They even had a little stage. I know Cambodians like to get down with the karaoke. It was hard to tell, but basically Siem Reap is a Cambodian restaurant that offers several Vietnamese items, including Thai and of course Chinese. I'm sure there are many neat stuff to try, I just couldn't figure it all out... yet. Oh, looks a little empty but this place was CRAZY busy with phone orders.

Jose and I started with the Fried Quail. We had one each. Perfect appetizer.
Jose had the Thai Beef Boat Noodle Soup. The broth was on the spicy side, definitely will put at least little sweat over your brow even on the coldest night.
I, naturally, had the Oxtail Pho. It was good. Really good, just because it had mother fucking oxtails in it. I can't wait to go back. I'm planning on asking the nice lady to put extra oxtails in it. Included 3 but I could do 6.



Would I give this place a EAT HERE? Yes, EAT HERE! Just on the strength of their Oxtail Pho, I would recommend trying this place.

1810 E Anaheim St
Long Beach, CA 90813
(562) 591-7414

No comments:

Post a Comment