Saturday, August 17, 2013

PIONEER SALOON - HONOLULU

CantStayJose was staying at the New Otani Kaimana Hotel on the edge of Waikiki. He text me, "room is great, heading to Zippy's". I pulled e-brake on that text message and told him to skip Zip's, because between him and Zip's at that point was too many other, much better choices like Pioneer Saloon. 
I haven't actually eaten here, but my Spider-Senses have been going off about this establishment from 2500mi away. I seen too many mega-onolicious looking plates on Instagram.
Here's the play by play I got from Jose. He ordered 3 plates.
His phenomenally better half, Aunty Ana, had her first spam musubi! cheeeeeee. 
From left, they got the Poke Plate, Loco Moco and Chicken Katsu. How was, Jozay? "Loco Moco was INSANE. Onions and gravy were so good!" I'll be joining these guys shortly, as in a few hours!

3046 Monsarrat Ave
Honolulu, HI 96815
(808) 732-4001

No comments:

Post a Comment