Thursday, March 6, 2014

CONTINENTAL GOURMET MARKET - LOMITA, CA

Stumbled upon this place in the south bay - Lomita to be exact. Every Argentinean market, bakery, restaurant, whatever I've ever eaten at has always been a treat. This place was no different. 
Just off of PCH on Narbonne.
The market itself seemed a little sparse to me. Any time I walk into a cuisine thats fairly that's new to me, I gotta stand around and check things out for a bit. Few regulars were having lunch, watching soccer of course.
Sasha had the Milanesa Sandwich, breaded steak. We swapped halves of course so we could sample both. I thought this one was good, nice breading...
...but holy shit, dude, this Churrasco Sandwich was the bomb. They had the thinly sliced beef crisped perfectly, like total pros. It was delicious. The bread tasted freshly baked too. 

Oh, I can't possibly go to any Argentinean spot without trying the empanadas. I ordered three of them. Beef, chicken and Pomodoro. They were all good, tasted very freshly baked. The pomodoro stood out, especially if you're into that Italian taste of cheese and tomato sauce. 
If you live anywhere near the south bay, this spot is a definite must. 


25600 Narbonne Ave Lomita, CA 90717
(310) 530-3213
http://continentalgourmetmarket.com

1 comment: