Wednesday, December 31, 2014

LITTLE LA LUNE - LONG BEACH



I KNOW - I haven't posted one of these or much of anything in a while. Life, family, jiujitsu and maybe a little work and travel have gotten in the way. Admittedly, my first dip into modern social media (Instagram) has gotten most of my brainless spare time.

But fuck all that. You don't wanna hear my jibba-jabba. Let's talk about this place, my favorite lunch spot right now in this great city. 

You know me, I wouldn't take time out to talk about ANY old place. And with this place, I'm seriously a little infatuated, more than I had been with Phnom Penh Noodle on Cherry and Siem Reap on Anaheim. Maybe I just need to go revisit those, to rekindle those warm feelings.

Little La Lune tho - its nothing really that special inside. I'd say its on par with Phnom Penh down the street. Probably nicer than Siem Reap, yeah.

The headlining dish here, their version of the Phnom Penh Noodle (yes, the other restaurant on Cherry is actually called that). Thin rice noodles, shrimps, beef, pork liver, scallion, garnished with fried onions and garlic. And if you order if you order "dry style" like I did...

...it comes with the broth on the side. Included is this amazing pork bone in the mother fucker! Yes. Its beautiful. You get your spoon, pour a little hot broth over your noodles, eat, pour, eat, pour. Don't be doing something crazy and dumping it all in at once (just get it "wet style" instead). I highly recommend dry style. 

Last and least but very necessary, fresh bean sprouts and limes. Can't do it without it. 

You need to eat here. I highly recommend it. 

2054 East Pacific Coast Highway, Long Beach, CA 90804
(562) 856-5800

By the way, this place closes early. 8am to 5pm daily.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you sir for another restaurant report. My son and I will give it a try this weekend. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete