Saturday, March 7, 2015

SHOYU CHICKEN RECIPE

This is my shoyu chicken recipe, shown here served over white rice with kim chee. As of today I ate 3 bowls of this. 


Ingredients
3-4 pounds of chicken (you can substitute with thighs, drumsticks or even breast meat)

  • 2 cups shoyu (soy sauce, I like Aloha Shoyu for this)
  • 1-1/2 cups brown or regular sugar 
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 teaspoon white vinegar (apple cider vinegar works too)
  • 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Instructions
Place all of the ingredients in crock pot, cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours or LOW for 6-7 hours. Makes 4 or 5 solid servings. I basically put as much chicken as I can into the crock pot, long as most of it is touching the sauce. Half way through or so, take the cover off and mix it up.

I also add a half a chopped onion if its sitting around. Also note that the temperature of your crock pot may vary, so the chicken is ready when its soft and is just about ready to fall off the bone. 

2 comments:

  1. thanks for postin this Nelson!..also check out http://www.turkeymelt.com/videogallery/cookin-with-tai-1490652198/ ..it smells so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I going to try this way just have to have patience with cooking the chicken lol.

    ReplyDelete