Sunday, August 1, 2010

Pho America - Long Beach, CA

Just minutes from my pad is Pho America. Wish I knew how to put the squiggly line about the O in pho but I don't so too bad.
Haven't been to this place in a while.
Only come here for one thing though.
No, not the turkey and cheddar sandwich.
We started out with some hot tea. Sounds like the rest of the country is dying of heat but not so here. Nice and eazy breezy, actually. Oh, yes, I noticed the Xmas cup too. It wasn't Xmas. I just took these photos a week ago.
The place had a few people in it but I didn't want to bother them.
Just 10 minutes later though, at least 6 more people came in. Fairly busy.
We started with the shredded pork spring rolls. Very good.
Lots of veggies. Lettuce tasted fresh.
Basil, peppers and bean sprouts came out right away.
Then my large bowl of pho with well done steak and flank.
Sasha had the pho with chicken.
And she had a little more onions and basil too.
This desert came out. I have no clue what it is but I always eat it all.
Then we went home.
The end.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen this place a zillon times and always wondered what was up. Next time I'm rolling through...

    Hope Hawaii is treating you well..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took the family last night - great meal, great time - Van Damme was on the big screen. My seven year old ate more than me. That dessert is the bomb, coconut cream on top of sweetened mung beans?

    ReplyDelete