Friday, November 26, 2010

IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING

This is all that I ate yesterday, singlehandedly made by Sasha.

We started the morning off with Brioche Baked French Toast. Fresh baked brioche bread, fresh shucked California pecans, fresh eggs from our chickens.

It was served with our favorite maple syrup from Sprague's Maple Farms. Bringing it all together is bacon from our favorite local butcher.
Late lunch/early dinner was served. From the 12 o'clock position:
  • Turkey with Mushroom Gravy
  • Cornbread & Sausage Stuffing
  • Goat Cheese and Sage Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes
  • Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and California Walnuts
All ingredients grown/made fresh locally.
I did the dishes and we even had time to fit in a quirky foreign film and The Godfather. Sorry, I didn't get to take photos of the baked rhubarb with heavy cream, which was a sauce that went over our gourmet vanilla bean ice cream.

I thought I was going to have an un-traditional Thanksgiving with bison shortribs, but I ain't complaining! We're having the bison this weekend anyway.

3 comments:

  1. In the name of sweet fuck.....I'm drooling at the thought of that feed...TAXI.......!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't get Thankagiving
    cos we don't got Indians,
    oh we got turbanIndians but we have no American Indians.
    so we have to wait til Christmas day for our Turkey. Boo!
    You know Turkey has a smack like drug in it? I think it's called triptofan.
    That's why you feel so mellow after lunch.
    Groovy man.

    ReplyDelete