Thursday, July 14, 2011

PEPE TIME #51

I have a friend named Pepe.
He's pretty funny and I like to keep a log of all the funny things he says and does.
Enjoy.

TOO FAR for SHORT RIBS
 
So just last week I got this text message from our favorite Pepe:
He showed up in just 10 minutes.

I had never taken him to Matiki Island BBQ before, which I knew he was going to like. I mean really - out of the hundred places I've been to with Pepe, when have I ever taken him somewhere that he did NOT like?

So we got in the truck for a 3 mile drive to Matiki. We were going down a back street which has very little traffic and moves pretty briskly but I started to get the feeling the red traffic lights and road construction was freaking out Pepe, which may sometimes put him into a slight crisis mode. 

Pepe: dude, where the hell is this place again?

Me: its on Lincoln, almost there... check out that Manx buggy!

Pepe: how far is that?

Me: it's like less than 2 more miles probably

Pepe: what the fuck are you doing this far?

Me: this far from what?

Pepe: from your work, dude! yeah, you're going too far

Me: ...

Pepe: what is this place again?

Me: it's short ribs. this lady from Kauai and her Samoan husband and son run the place. the plates are huge. they only serve short ribs, chicken and beef.

Pepe: what? what kind of place this is?

Me: ...

Pepe: what the fuck are you doing out here?

We arrive at Matiki and our plates are ready to go on the counter. Pepe immediately opens the bag and takes a look at his lunch with a huge smile and says, "fuuuuuck, dude!!! this smells good!".

10 minutes later, back at the office: 

Pepe: this is so fucking good, dude!

Me: worth the drive, right?

Pepe: soo fucking good...
3 days later...

Pepe: lets get lunch, dog! I can't stop thinking about those short ribs!

4 comments:

  1. Id drive from Portland to check those ribs out

    ReplyDelete
  2. NELSON...

    PEPE....TIME KILLS ME!

    NEVER A DULL MOMENT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. short ribs, korean hot chicks, candies...i think i can understand pepe...we share so many tastes, desires and aspirations...it must be a sign! Pepe may be my soul-mate....psshhhhhh I'm stupid dude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When are those peep shirts coming?? So good man

    ReplyDelete