Tuesday, September 25, 2012

BOWL OF AÇAI

Oooooh shit, look at the title of this post. I got the little squiggly line on the C and everything! I'm not here to talk about that though.

One of my favorite breakfasts/snacks right now is a sweet bowl of acai. After having them at local smoothie shops, I had to figure out how to make my own. I checked out a video online and started making this easy concoction.
First, I start with Coconut Water, Frozen Seedless Red Grapes and a pack of Frozen Acai

I get this at Whole Foods, a tip from Sensei Kevin. It's $8 for a pack of 4. I use one pack per bowl. Get the sugar free one, the grapes are sweet enough as it is.
I throw it all into a high torque Vitamix blender. I like tossing in 2 or 3 pieces of Frozen Banana Slices and 3 ice cubes too. 

I use about a half cup of Coconut Water. The more grapes you use, the bigger the bowl will get. I use about a full cup of grapes, sometimes more if I'm sharing.
Then blend it all. I like to top it with granola of course. Good granola is important!

  • 1 Brick of Frozen Acai (unsweetened)
  • Half Cup of Coconut Water (unsweetened) 
  • Full Cup of Frozen Seedless Grapes
  • 3 Slices of Frozen Banana
  • 3 Ice Cubes
  • Top with Granola!
Notes:
*Add more Coconut Water to turn it into a smoothie
*If your blender sucks, you might be in trouble
*Yes, you can top it with fresh banana slices too but I didn't have any 
*That pineapple in the background is for dessert later on tonight, fool!

No comments:

Post a Comment