Monday, March 4, 2013

KAPAMILYA - FOUNTAIN VALLEY

I had lunch from this place a couple of times. Just the usual chicken adobo plate brought into the office on busy work days. Never got to walk in an check it out until now...
Located on the corner of Warner and Euclid, in the far reaches of Fountain Valley. Where bad drivers in Camry's and front wheel drive SUV's reside.
Walking in, you can tell its the usual Filipino style affair. Point and choose your lunch.
Instead of ordering one of the ready-made items, I went for the Sizzling Sisig Kapampangan. Usually made with roast pork, I was in for quite a surprise. This one was made from CHICKEN LIVER, PIG EARS AND SNOUT!!! I haven't had liver in a while, so it was pretty fucking good when made SISIG style. Never even knew this style even existed. It was fried with the usual lime juice, onions, red and green peppers.
After I took my first bite, I knew there was some uh, unusual bits in there. Thought I was going to take a couple bites and move on but I ended up eating the whole thing that day. HA. 

So if you're ever out here in the land of dry mini strip malls and chain eateries, check out this little Filipino delight that sticks out like a sore thumb among Panda Express' and Subway franchises!

10964 Warner Ave
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 593-6212

No comments:

Post a Comment