Monday, June 17, 2013

HSIANG YUEN RESTAURANT - ARTESIA, CA

I happen to be in Cerritos when we needed a quick meal. I quickly went through all the nearest spots that had the best reviews, most of them which you have to looks closely at. I'm not eating at Chick-Fil-A just because it's got 4.5/5 stars, no.

But this Korean-Chinese place caught me eye, and it do so for 40 or so others who reviewed it on yelp.com. But Korean-Chinese? I've heard of and been to several places where Koreans make Chinese food, but usually it didn't pan out like I thought it would.
Had a good feeling about this place. Sasha was down to try it out.
Even with the mostly Chinese menu, they had the one of the most well known Korean fried noodle dishes, Chapchae, which we thought was excellent. Nalu loved it. 
Also ordered the Shrimp in Lobster Sauce. Good call on Sasha. Perfect over rice. Sccchrimps were plump.
The dish that caught me eye before we even got there was this. It looked so ugly in photos, it HAD to be good! Black Bean Sauce over homemade Rice Noodles, which was called chiachiangmyun, which was a favorite amongst regulars there. A few old Koreans couples sat across the way and all 4 of them ordered the same. I thought it was great, especially if you like black bean sauce. Not too over the top either. Just looked crazy, especially with all the onions.
Nice customer service and quick service. Do I give this place the EAT HERE recommendation? YES!

12248 South St
Artesia, CA 90701
(562) 402-5931

No comments:

Post a Comment