Sunday, February 21, 2016

I MISS THIS


Last week I got promoted to purple belt. And its been a little strange. Not with jiujitsu at all, just the fact that I miss my old belt. 

Its there, sitting on my dresser. Walk by it. See it. Want to grab it and take it with me every morning. But it's served its purpose. Job well done, belt. 

Been through a lot of training, drills, battles, scrambles. I've taken it with me to Hawaii maybe 3 times. Been to Japan twice (but never got to use it there). Its also been with me to a few spots across our great states as well. 

It was given to me by a friend and training partner on the night of that promotion, which according to google just now, was a little longer than I thought. Its been almost 3 YEARS since I first starting wearing that belt. 2 years and 10 months ago. Wow (I had to use google to search because I couldn't do the math, weak). 

Yeah. I miss that belt.

But now its time for Purple Rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment